September marks the beginning of Autumn (Fall) although some of the Summer attractions in the area are still operating into October. Here are some ideas of what to do if you find yourself in New England this Fall:
- New Hampshire Highland Games and Festival, Loon Mountain – September 16-18, 2016.
- Scenic lift rides offered at Bretton Woods (1 per day for free), Cranmore Mountain, Shawnee Peak, Attitash Mountain Resort, Wildcat Mountain, Loon Mountain and Cannon Mountain. Most of these are running until October 10, 2016.
- “Hobo Harvest Time Express”, Hobo Railroad in Lincoln – September 17 thru October 16 trains depart daily at 11am & 1pm.
- Fall Foliage train rides on the Winnipesaukee Scenic Railroad from Weirs Beach run on weekends during September and October 2016.
- Fryeburg Fair – October 2-9, 2016
- Attitash Oktoberfest, Bartlett – October 8-9, 2016
- The Sandwich Fair, Center Sandwich – October 8-10, 2016
- “Pumpkin Patch Express”, Conway Scenic Railroad, North Conway – October 21-23 & 28-30
- “Return of the Pumpkin People”, Jackson – throughout October
- The Ghoullog, Cranmore Mountain – throughout October